Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hello Pain!

For those interested, this last week I underwent laproscopic surgery. On Thursday in the early morning. It was an exploratory surgery to see if I have endemetriosis and to see if everything looks good. I thought I would hurt a little and be a little out of it that day, but good soon after. I think I am slightly delusional. It is crazy the lengths that we will go to in order to have children. To be honest I would not have gone after this at all had it not been for my sister Rachel and Heavenly Father. My sister thought she might have had it and brought over a pamphlet on it. Yeah surprise surprise I had a few symptoms. At any rate I was praying about whether or not to start college next year when my dear sweet daughter goes to pre-k all day. I always told myself when my kids went to school I would go to school. My answer was wait and see, probably not, and I was praying about the wrong thing. The next day, I got the distinct impression I needed to have surgery. Since it was not at all something I wanted I had a slight disagreement for a week or so, until I read scriptures having to do with slothful people and heard a talk on revelation that said similar...Thanks Bishop. At any rate I went through the process of getting it all taken care of, the first doctors appointment was frustrating and I cried the whole way home. The doctor was nice and called later to talk to me and it made me feel better, although it is still rather embarrassing to cry at a doctors office and not be able to stop. At any rate a few months later due to surgery rules and doctors schedules I have now had the surgery. As always, Heavenly Father was right (there was a chance I would have surgery and they would find nothing). The doctor not only found stuff, she found quite a bit and even took care of some of the scar tissue I had from my c-section with Celia. There is a chance that one of my tubes is blocked, they did a dye test. However, I could have just reacted to the dye. Now it is just a matter of dealing with the pain, it reminds me of the c-section pain....why oh why do I want to do this....No pain no kids. So hopefully in a few months you will see a nice post saying that I am expecting a beautiful baby.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenny, I am so sorry you have had to go through this. My friend in my ward just had the exact same surgury and now she is on a hormone to put her in fake menopause then they will jump start her hormones back up and she hopes to be prego as well soon. She has never had any kids and has been trying for 6 years. It is amazing the amount of comfort you can have from blessings and prayers and I hope all goes well for you. That would be exciting news for sure! Take care. I will pray for you.

Campbell's said...

i think that we will all keep you in our prayers. luv ya and hold on a little longer the lord will anwser ur prayers...

Alicia said...

Hang in there, beautiful. Love you love you love you.