Friday, January 9, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon




On Thanksgiving morning I did my 3rd Half Marathon and finally got the time I wanted. I was also so happy to do it with my husband and a couple of guys he knows from the army. John did awesome and placed 80 out of 509 for his division. He finished in 1 hour 43 minutes and 43 seconds. (7:55 minute miles).


There were 8,697 people who did the race that day. They corralled us and I think most of us felt like livestock waiting for the race to begin. Cold livestock as the temperature was a little cold 30s. John placed 957 out of the whole group and I placed 2,759. I placed 148 out of 777 for my division.


I finished the race in 1 hour 56 minutes and 50 seconds (8:55 minute miles). Just so you can know how I have improved over the years....the first time I did it in 2005 I finished in 2 hours 4 minutes and 9 seconds (9:43 minute miles)...the second time I did the half marathon in 2007 (with LaFae and Amy) I finished in 2 hours 2 minutes and 22 seconds (9:28 minute miles). All the physical therapy has appeared to help because although I was sore, my hips did not hurt and I was able to walk away without feeling every step in my hips. Now I move on to the goal of doing another half and a full this year. Now that I know I can do it without killing my hips and being able to walk, besides I want some runner legs.

1 comment:

Campbell's said...

That is so cool that you do htis kinda stuff. I know i couldn't right now. The pic of you and john is so cute.